Connect With Our Chiropractor in Irving for Holistic & Drug Free Services
As a chiropractor in Irving, Dr. Derek Herms is committed to continuing his education and implementing the most up-to-date techniques to deliver high-quality care to his patients suffering from acute and chronic health conditions related to work accidents, sports accidents, auto accidents, and more..
Chiropractic Care Services Offered at by Our Irving Chiropractor
Our chiropractic care services help manage, treat, and resolve conditions while working with your body's natural ability to heal itself, instead of simply "treating" (aka hiding) symptoms. Such services include:
- Chiropractic adjustments - Spinal adjustments involve targeted touch from the doctor on distinct areas in the spine; the specific pressure, direction, and force of the technique depends on the goal of the treatment as well as the needs of the individual patient. These adjustments can correct small misalignment in your spinal joints, re-invigorate the nervous system, restore normal spinal mobility, and relieve pain at the source. No, your back doesn't necessarily have to "crack" for an adjustment to be effective!
- Spinal decompression - Dr. Herms has undergone extensive specialized training in the art and science of manual spinal decompression, which can be used to effectively relieve and resolve issues in the neck, middle back, and lower back. Spinal decompression gently distracts the space between your spinal joints, alleviating pressure on herniated or bulging discs and creating negative pressure which attracts healing molecules within the circulatory system. This can accelerate healing of discs, nerves, and joint tissues as well as provide relaxing pain relief.
- Corrective exercises - Exercises can be prescribed to improve the flexibility, endurance, and strength of muscles and connective tissues, which may be directly or indirectly contributing to your dysfunction. Modification options are always provided and emphasis is placed on correct form, technique, and breathing patterns.
- Massage therapy - Using firm yet gentle strokes in specific patterns and directions, our chiropractor can help relax spasms in muscles, relieve tension and adhesion in connective tissues, decrease inflammation, and stimulate localized circulation to trigger healing, relaxation, pain relief, and stress reduction.
- Lifestyle and nutritional counseling - Get sound guidance and insights from our chiropractor on everything from weight loss to ergonomics. We can help you learn how to manage your stress, maintain a "best fit" exercise and nutrition plan, and supplement your diet with the right vitamins and minerals you may need to optimize your day-to-day function and energy levels.
- Postural screening and analysis - Prevention is a huge part of what we do here at the Parker Chiropractic Clinic. Dr. Herm's professional eye for postural abnormalities and aberrant movement mechanics allows him to help his patients identify ways they may be moving (and why they may be moving that way) which increase their risk of injury.
Are You Currently Dealing with an Issue Affecting Your Body, Mind, and Quality of Life?
Contact the Parker Chiropractic Clinic today at (972) 255-4443 to schedule an initial consultation with our Irving chiropractor, Dr. Herms.